For all building and inspections questions, please contact MNSpect at 952-442-7520 or visit this website.
We all rely on the safety of structures that surround us in our everyday living- from our homes and offices to our stores, schools, factories, places of entertainment, etc. MN State Building codes provide important minimum safeguards and standards to public health, safety, and general welfare, so the City of Isanti has adopted the MN State Building Codes in addition to the City's Zoning codes. Also, the codes help promote energy conservation, and the safety to life and property from fire and other hazards as well as to fire fighters and emergency responders during emergency operations. The building department is here to help ensure that the structures built within the community meet at least these minimum requirements and codes.
A few benefits of building and zoning permits:
- to protect the health and safety of you, your family, and the public
- to protect future owners who deserve reasonable assurance the home/structure they buy is safe
- to ensure the community’s welfare and economic wellbeing by reducing the potential spread of fire or disease
- to maintain uniform building practices and help keep building costs down
- to assure safety, quality of life, and enhancement of the community as a whole
- to conserve energy