Community development is a process through which staff, residents, businesses, and organizations collaborate to improve the social, physical, and economic well-being in the City of Isanti. Department staff facilitate new development and redevelopment while enforcing codes and regulations.
The Community Development Department is staffed by the Community Development Director, who serves as the Principal City Planner and Zoning Administrator, and the Planner, who serves as a Residential Zoning Administrator and assists with Building Permits. The Department is responsible for:
- Administers Zoning and Subdivision Ordinances.
- Administers City Comprehensive Land Use and Long Range Plans.
- Processes land use applications, including Variances, Use Permits, Rezoning, Subdivision, Annexation Requests, etc.
- Staffs the Planning Commission and Administrative Hearings, prepares agendas, staff memos, proposed ordinances and policies.
- Administers the Flood Plain Land Use (FEMA) Program.
- Oversees the Building Department
|Scott Qualle||Building Official||952-442-7520|