Community development is a process through which staff, residents, businesses, and organizations collaborate to improve the social, physical, and economic well-being in the City of Isanti. Department staff facilitate new development and redevelopment while enforcing codes and regulations.
The Community Development Department is staffed by the Community Development Director, who serves as the Principal City Planner, and Economic Development Director. The Community Development Specialist serves as a Residential Zoning Administrator and assists with Planning and Building Permits. The Building Official is responsible for administering the Building Code, including plan review and inspections.The Department is responsible for:
- Administering Zoning and Subdivision Ordinances.
- Administering City Comprehensive Land Use and Long Range Plans.
- Processing land use applications, including Variances, Use Permits, Rezoning, Subdivision, Annexation Requests, etc.
- Staffing the Planning Commission and Economic Development Authority, prepares agendas, staff memos, proposed ordinances and policies.
- Administering the Flood Plain Land Use (FEMA) Program.
- Enforcement of MS4 regulations and requirements.
- Building Inspections.