Community development is a process through which staff, residents, businesses, and organizations collaborate to improve the social, physical, and economic well-being in the City of Isanti. Department staff facilitate new development and redevelopment while enforcing codes and regulations.
The Community Development Department is staffed by the Community Development Director and the Code Enforcement/Zoning Technician. The Department is responsible for:
- Administers Zoning and Subdivision Ordinances.
- Administers City Comprehensive Land Use and Long Range Plans.
- Processes land use applications, including Variances, Use Permits, Rezoning, Subdivision, Annexation Requests, etc.
- Staffs the Planning Commission and Administrative
- Hearings, prepares agendas, staff memos, proposed ordinances and policies.
- Administers the Flood Plain Land Use (FEMA) Program.
- Oversees the Code Enforcement/Zoning Technician; who works to address nuisance and non-compliant property related matters, by advising property owners of code requirements and enforcement procedures to obtain compliance with City Code.
- Oversees the Building Department
Community Development Contacts
Director of Community Development
Community Development Links and Resources
Comprehensive Plan, 2008
Ordinances and Code
Zoning Map, 2017